Grapefruit Coconut Cocoa Lip Balm
Crafted from a medley of Grapefruit, Coconut, and Cocoa, this lip balm smells divine and is nourishing for dry, parched lips. If you live in a hot climate, then increase the amount of beeswax so that the lip balm doesn’t melt as quickly. And, make sure to keep this out of hot cars or direct sunlight – the lip balm will melt quickly. If it does melt, place it in a fridge, freezer, or in an air conditioned area so that it will re-solidify.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 tablespoon(s) organic unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) organic Cocoa Butter or 4 organic Cocoa Butter Wafers
- 2 tablespoon(s) organic Sunflower or organic Macadamia Nut Oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) plus 1 teaspoon Beeswax
- 20 drop(s) organic Grapefruit Essential Oil (increase or decrease as desired)
- 3 drop(s) Vitamin E oil (optional, but recommended)
Grapefruit Coconut Cocoa Lip Balm Directions
- Coarsely chop the beeswax or use beeswax pastilles.
- Place beeswax and oils in a small pot or glass Pyrex measuring cup and gently heat in the top of a double boiler until the beeswax has melted.
- Once melted, remove from the stove top and add essential oils and Vitamin E Oil.
- Immediately pour the mixture into lip balm containers. You can purchase lip balm tubes and jars, or you can reuse glass or plastic containers.
- Allow to cool completely before placing caps onto the lip balm containers.
- Your lip balm is finished! Makes approximately 1.5 oz of lip balm, enough to fill 10 lip balm tubes, 6 of our 1/4 oz plastic jars, or 3 1/2 oz tins or plastic jars.
- Note: Like most citrus oils, grapefruit essential oil can cause sun sensitivity and photo-toxicity. This can make the skin more sensitive to UV light which may cause skin to burn or damage more easily. If concerned, feel free to omit the essential oil or substitute with other essential oil(s) of your choice and adjust the quantity accordingly.