Halibut with Garlic, Rosemary and Orange Zest
Did you know that garlic helps your liver to activate enzymes that flush out toxins?
You can easily integrate fresh garlic into many recipes, just be careful not to burn it.
This recipe is a favorite of mine, combining heart-healthy halibut rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and protein with simple, but delicious flavors.
You are going to love it.
Adapted from How to Eat: The Pleasures and Principles of Good Food by Nigella Lawson (Wiley, 2002)
For 4 Serving(s)
- 4 Alaskan Halibut filets, 4-6 ounces each
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil or macadamia nut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) organic dried rosemary
- Zest from 2 oranges, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Halibut with Garlic, Rosemary and Orange Zest Directions
- 1. Rinse fish and pat dry.
- 2. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 4. Add garlic, rosemary and orange zest
- 5. Heat just until the garlic sizzles.
- 6. Add the fish. Cook until golden and crisp on 1 side, about 3 minutes.
- 7. Turn and cook until the fish is opaque throughout and flakes easily, 2‒5 minutes, depending on the thickness. Keep heat medium low so that the garlic and zest turn golden, but do not brown.
- 8. Transfer the fish to individual plates
- 9. Spoon the flavored oil mixture over the top.
- Serve immediately.