Chocolate Cherry Protein Shake with Cinnamon
A protein shake for breakfast is an insurance policy for the rest of the day and makes the morning simple and easy, builds muscle and burns fat. It is the BEST way nutritionally to start the day. It's fast and supplies vitamins, minerals, protein, fiber and protective antioxidants that give you sustained energy for hours.
Dark red cherries, and dark chocolate are rich in cell protective plant antioxidants.
Chia and flax seeds and almond butter are great sources of healthy omega 3 and omega 6 and monosaturated fats that support your brain health, make your skin glow and promote normal inflammation control.
Add a little cinnamon to enhance digestive function and normal blood sugar control.
For 1 Person(s)
- 2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Paleo Fiber (unsweetened unflavored or berry flavor)
- 1 cup(s) frozen organic unsweetened dark cherries
- 1 cup(s) unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) almond butter
- 1 or 2 tablespoons chia seeds or flax seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon powder (optional)
Chocolate Cherry Protein Shake with Cinnamon Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a blender
- To make it thinner add more almond or coconut milk or add water
- If you have unflavored Vanilla Whey or Pea Protein Powder (found on http://www.purebodysystems.com) just add 1 Tablespoon of cacao powder to make your shake chocolate.
- Substitute a heaping teaspoon of chopped fresh mint leaves or the leaves inside a peppermint tea bag for a Mint Chocolate Cherry Shake
- If you love vanilla, skip the chocolate and use Vanilla Flavored Whey or Pea Protein Powder for Cherry Vanilla Shake!