Black Bean and Butternut Squash Quesadillas
For 4 Person(s)
- 8 Whole grain flour tortillas (prefer Ezekiel brand)
- 2 cup(s) Colby Jack vegan cheese (can mix mozzarella and cheddar - Daiya brand works best)
- 1 cup(s) Butternut squash puree
- 1 cup(s) green or red pepper, cubed
- 15 ounce(s) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup(s) Medium salsa, or to taste
Black Bean and Butternut Squash Quesadillas Directions
- Spray a large griddle or skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Working in batches as necessary, place one tortilla on the griddle and spread with 1/4 cup squash.
- Add 1/4 cup peppers.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup vegan cheese.
- Add a quarter of the black beans and drizzle with about 3 tablespoons of sals.
- Top with another 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup cheese and finish with a tortilla. *Option, sprinkle with taco seasoning, recipe below, before topping off with a tortilla.
- Heat 5 minutes per side or until browned and crispy as desired. Transfer to a plate and use a pizza cutter to slice into wedges.
- Serve hot with vegan sour cream, shredded lettuce, avocado, and lime. *Option, to add more savory flavor, caramelize onions in a separate sauce pan before assembling quesadillas.