Chocolate Almond Coconut Treats
Chocolate Almond Coconut Treats melt in your mouth. what could be better than a sugar free, dairy free, gluten free dessert filled with antioxidants and healthy fats that is easy to make and lasts in the refrigerator for several weeks? Chocolate is rich in magnesium and super antioxidant polyphenols. The ancients called it the Food of the Gods for good reason!
Almond butter, sesame, tahini butter and ground chia seeds add to the creamy texture and shredded coconut gives it some crunch!
You just may decide to double the recipe!
For 3 Dozen(s)
- 2 tablespoon(s) smooth almond butter
- 2 teaspoon(s) tahini (sesame seed butter)
- 4 teaspoon(s) cocoa powder
- pinch(es) pinch of sea salt to taste
- 4 teaspoon(s) finely ground chia seeds
- 15 drop(s) stevia (unflavored or vanilla)
- 2 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened dried shredded coconut
Chocolate Almond Coconut Treats Directions
- Blend almond butter, tahini, cocoa powder, salt and chia seeds into a smooth paste in a food processor or small blender.
- Add stevia and vanilla and any optional flavorings or ingredients. (See below)
- Add shredded coconut and blend well
- Place a piece of parchment paper onto a plate or tray
- Roll 1 teaspoon of the mixture into balls.
- add 1/2 cinnamon or cardamom powder
- add 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- add 1/2 - 1 teaspoon dried mint leaves
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried Reishi Mushroom powder (Ganoderma) to enhance immunity
- carob powder can be substituted for cocoa powder
- roll each ball in cinnamon powder or cocoa powder, cocoa nibs or shredded coconut to coat
- You can separate the batch into halves or thirds and make different flavors or variations.
- Makes 36