Kale Caesar Salad
This twist on the classic Caesar salad is heartier and healthier. Kale contains essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Instead of anchovies, garlic and lemon give this salad a vibrant Italian bite while the naked goat cheese gives it a parmesan-like flavor. Any of the available varieties of kale will taste delicious. If you can’t find naked goat cheese, use regular parmesan. To make this a vegan dish, skip the cheese all together.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 bunch kale, rinsed and chopped into bite-sized pieces (Lacinato works best)
- cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lemons juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4 z. naked goat cheese (optional)
- Toasted pine nuts or walnuts
Kale Caesar Salad Directions
- Place the kale in a large salad bowl
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes until emulsified.
- Stir the dressing into the kale until all pieces are coated. Add the cheese and nuts and let it marinate for at least 3 hours. (Though overnight is even better.)