Mango Jalapeno Salsa
This tasty fresh salsa is based on mangos which are rich in super antioxidant cell protective carotenoids, the potent anticancer bioflavonoid quercitin and lesser known super antioxidant magniferin also with tumor fighting properties. Mangos contain the triterpene lupeol which has been shown to increase normal cell death (apoptosis) in cancer cells. Red onions are also a rich source of quercitin. Lime juice is a source of Vitamin C and the National Cancer Institute recognizes cilantro leaves to have anti-cancer properties, not to mention a burst of flavor.
For 4 Person(s)
- 2 firm mangos, cut into 1/4" cubes
- 1 cup(s) fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup(s) red onion
- 1 jalapeno, halved, seeded and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon(s) lime juice or lemon juice
Mango Jalapeno Salsa Directions
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl for a chunkier salsa.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor for 15-30 seconds for a smoother version.
- Serve immediately over fish, chicken or grilled vegetables or as a dipping sauce or served in lettuce cups as an appetizer.
- May be stored in a glass container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.