Homemade Cashew Cream
Cashew Cream is a non dairy vegan delight. Cashews have a natural sweetness and make a rich sauce that can be made sweet or savory. It is incredibly easy to make and is both delicious and nutritious.
For 3 Serving(s)
- 2 cup(s) raw cashews
Homemade Cashew Cream Directions
- 1. Rinse two cups of whole, raw cashews.
- 2. Place in a glass bowl or jar, cover with cold water and soak overnight.
- 3. Drain. Place cashews in a blender.
- 4. For thick cream, just cover with cold water.
- 5. For thinner cream, add enough to cover by one inch.
- 6. Blend until smooth.
- Makes 2-3 cups.
- Keep in a glass container in the refrigerator for several days.
- For sweeter cream: Add a few drops of vanilla or almond extract, and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
- For savory cream for vegetables: Add roasted garlic and a dash of sea salt and liquid aminos or gluten free soy sauce.