Carrot-Ginger Soup with Cashew Cream
This versatile soup can be prepared either with Magic Mineral Broth or using the carrot cooking liquid as your stock. The ginger adds an agreeable pep but the real showstopper is the cashew cream. Your taste buds will thank you.
See recipes for Magic Mineral Broth and Cashew Cream
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 teaspoon(s) maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 8 cup(s) Magic Mineral Broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cup(s) chopped yellow onions
- 3 pound(s) carrots washed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoon(s) grated fresh ginger, or 1 teaspoon ground
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) tumeric
Carrot-Ginger Soup with Cashew Cream Directions
- In a 6- to 8-quart pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions with a pinch of salt and sauté until golden. Add the carrots, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, and red pepper flakes and stir to combine. Deglaze the pan with 1 cup of water or broth, then add the remaining 7 cups of liquid and 1 teaspoon of salt. Cook until the carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- In a blender, purée the soup in batches, adding the cooking liquid first and then the carrots. Blend until very smooth. Add additional liquid to reach the desired thickness.
- Return to the pot, add the maple syrup, and reheat slowly.