Funky Greens with Beans, Brown Rice & Veggies
Courtesy of The Block Center
Waiting time 10m
For 4 Person(s)
- 2 cup(s) uncooked brown rice
- 4 cup(s) filtered water
- 3 (15 oz) can of pinto beans, organic
- 3 cup(s) collard greens, chopped
- 3 cup(s) chard, chopped
- 2 cup(s) kale, chopped
- 3 cup(s) carrots, medium size
- 1 (8 oz) sliced baby Portobello mushrooms, container
- 2 cup(s) red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) cold pressed or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (7 oz) Jars of tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) fennel seeds, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 5 bay leaves
Funky Greens with Beans, Brown Rice & Veggies Directions
- Cook brown rice in filtered water for 45 minutes over low heat.
- Pour beans into small pot and add bay leaves, cover. Let simmer for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Sautee onions in oil for 3 minutes; add all greens and cook 5-7 minutes. Add carrots, mushrooms, and seasonings; cook 4 more minutes; then, add tomato paste and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Mix cooked brown rice, discard bay leaves and add beans, sauteed vegetables together and let cook for another 5 minutes.