Baked Wild Salmon with Lemon, Garlic & Thyme
Wild salmon is rich in Omega 3 Fatty Acids so important for their function as building blocks of every cell wall, modulating inflammation and balancing mood. Omega 3 Fatty Acids have also been studied for their anti-cancer properties. Garlic supports normal cholesterol levels and provides a substrate for healthy bacteria in the intestines, part of normal immunity and hormone metabolism. Thyme is rich in terpinoids including thymol a potent antioxidant along with rosmarinic and ursolic acid know for their anti-cancer properties. Thyme is also know for its relaxing effect on your breathing and respiratory tract.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free
For 4 Person(s)
- 3 Crushed Garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dried Thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) Sea Salt
- 1 pound(s) Wild Alaskan Salmon Fillet
- 1 tablespoon(s) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon Slices
Baked Wild Salmon with Lemon, Garlic & Thyme Directions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Rinse salmon under cool water, pat dry. Place salmon skin side down in a glass baking dish. Sprinkle with sea salt, thyme and black pepper. Rub in the crushed garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Place lemon slices on top.
- Place dish in the oven and bake at 400 degrees F at 10 minutes for each inch of salmon thickness. Remove the salmon just before it is cooked through because it will continue to cook after you remove it from the oven.
- Variation: Place 1/4 inch of white wine or water or lemon juice in the bottom of the baking dish and cover so that it is lightly steamed and you will have a more moist outcome.